Intern / Working student IT / platform development (m / f / d) wanted!
DKSR, the Data Competence Center for Cities and Regions, is a newly founded spin-off of the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft in the field of Smart Cities. We aim to shape our future with urban data in an intelligent, sustainable, and public good-oriented way. We want to achieve this by providing cities and regions with the necessary open-source technology, know-how, and networking they need on their way to becoming smart cities.
We are looking for the following person to join our team for approx. 20 to 40 hours per week as soon as possible:
INTERN or WORKING STUDENT IT / PLATFORM DEVELOPMENT
- You will support our development team in all tasks related to the development and deployment of the DKSR Open Urban Data Platform.
- You develop prototypes for new open source components in close cooperation with our development team.
- You will review previously developed codes for bugs and possible improvements in line with the defined requirements
WHAT WE EXPECT
- quick understanding of new, emerging ideas in the Java-based development landscape
- knowledge and willingness to take an analytical look at open-source standards and products
- good knowledge of in the field of Java development in the area of web and microservices (especially Spring Boot, REST, Vert.X as well as MAVEN)
- experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- experience with, or interest in, working with ElasticSearch, RDBMS, MongoDB
- analytical and problem-solving mindset, team-oriented approach, and passion for research and development
- very good command of German
WHAT TO EXPECT
At DKSR, we create a lively, open, and modern environment where dedicated people with a lot of initiative and pioneering spirit achieve extraordinary things. We offer you:
- an exciting insight into the field of smart city and digitalization at the interface between the public sector and companies, cities, and start-ups
- flat hierarchies and a lot of personal freedom to shape things.
- collaboration with highly motivated colleagues from a wide range of industries and disciplines in a team-oriented corporate culture
- attractive remuneration
- Flexible working hours with home office option
- start-up atmosphere with foosball table, coffee, and mate in the heart of Berlin
We are looking forward to meeting you!