Hiring: Working Student Data Architecture & Management
DKSR, the Data Competence Center for Cities and Regions, is a young spin-off of the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft in the field of Smart Cities. We aim to shape our future with urban data in an intelligent, sustainable, and common good-oriented way. We want to achieve this by providing cities and regions with the necessary open-source technology, know-how, and networking they need on their way to becoming “sustainably smart”.
We are looking for a working student to start in January 2023 for approx. 15 to 20 hours per week to support us in the implementation of an EU project on innovative holistic approaches to Positive Clean Energy Districts (PCED) in Europe.
Working student in Data Architecture and Management for Positive Clean Energy Districts (PCED)
YOUR TASKS & PROFILE
- You support the project team in the implementation of project tasks and milestones, preparation of blueprints, and other project deliverables.
- You conduct desktop research on data concepts and architectures for positive energy districts.
- You assist in the development of a concept for protocol standardization, data formats and ontologies of PCEDs.
- You help develop a reference model for building local energy communities, based on Open Standards, data sovereignty principles, and Open-Source ICT modules.
- You support the preparation of legal and technical components of smart contracts for enabling data sharing in local energy communities.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- You are studying data science, information technology, electrical engineering, energy management or a comparable course of study.
- You have a basic technical understanding on digital district energy technologies, – and enjoy the interplay of data, processes and technology.
- Ideally, you have initial theoretical knowledge and practical know-how in the following key areas: Smart City, Open-Source technologies, Data Sovereignty, Open Standards, and Machine learning.
- You have an interest in innovative technologies and energy transition and have a desire to implement them.
- You find it easy to present complex technical topics in an easy manner that can be adjusted to broader audiences
- You have very good English command. Good command of German desired.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At DKSR, we offer a lively, open and modern environment in which committed people with a lot of initiative and pioneering spirit achieve extraordinary things. We are not looking for ready-made superheroes: We want bright minds who are open and curious and want to grow with us.
- An exciting insight into the field of smart cities and digitalisation at the interface between the public sector and companies, cities and start-ups.
- An exciting working student position in a high volume EU collaborative project, working with an interdisciplinary, multicultural team of various countries.
- Flat hierarchies and a lot of personal creative freedom
- Collaboration with highly motivated colleagues from a wide range of sectors and disciplines (including architecture, urban design, software engineering, communication, business innovation) in a team-oriented corporate culture.
- an attractive salary
- Flexible working hours with home office option (laptop provided; remote work possible)
- Start-up atmosphere with football, coffee and mate in the heart of Berlin
Apply with an email to email@example.com and send us the following documents
- Short CV and relevant references
- Short cover letter with focus on motivation
- If possible: references (link to writing samples, blog or similar)
- Available weekly working hours and desired hourly wage
If you have any questions on this post, please contact Laura Dieguez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to getting to know you!
The DKSR Team