EXCHANGE AND REALIZE: TOGETHER ON SQUARE
Like an app store for smart city solutions. Based on current municipal challenges, provide information on suitable data-based solutions, find suitable products for implementation and thus get to applying them as quickly as possible: Our Square makes this possible for municipalities and municipal utilities.
On our Square, you will find various areas in which we support you on the path to digital urban development.
- The Implementation area, where current challenges and solutions prepared by DKSR are linked to real products. Companies can register free of charge and list their products here after a thorough review.
- The Interaction Area, where exchange and market exploration can take place. This applies to exchanges between the public sector and the private sector as well as protected exchanges between the public sector itself. In this way, knowledge and experience can be exchanged and plans and partnerships can be forged.
- The Knowledge Area, which houses a growing library of practical knowledge products that provide tips and tricks to cities and regions on their way to becoming Smart Cities and Regions.
Paying members of the Urban Data Community benefit from additional features and forum areas on Square.
DKSR.square is a place for exchange and action: For municipalities, municipal companies and all other actors who want to strengthen the common good through the use of data.
Up-to-date background knowledge: With the digital knowledge packages
Core members of the Urban Data Community have access to a constantly growing library of knowledge packages via DKSR.square. The content of these is determined by the community itself. Here you can find an overview of the latest available downloads.
Measure added value of data-based solutions
How can the results and successes of data-based solutions be measured? Here, we highlight measurable benefits of data-driven solutions in selected areas of urban life: specifically, safety, utilities, environment, mobility, and community.
Available free of charge after log-in
Urban Data Platform
Garbage cans report when they are full, parking space occupancy is displayed in real time with the help of sensors, and citizens use apps for mobility and navigation: Urban data platforms are needed for these processes. But what is an urban data platform? Is it part of the critical infrastructure of a city? And what is special about an open urban platform?
Technological self-determination in urban contracts
Technological sovereignty is the ability of a city to provide technologies that are important for the well-being of its citizens while remaining independent. Procurement can provide crucial impetus for municipalities’ self-determination in digital projects: with open source software and open standards. Learn more here!
The Square for smart city actors
YOU ARE A MUNICIPALITY AND WANT TO…
- …address your challenges with digitization tools?
- …the know-how to implement digital solutions easily and in a resource-efficient way – and access to existing codes?
- …network with other municipalities for faster implementation of data-based solutions?
YOU ARE A SOLUTION PROVIDER AND WANT TO…
- …make intelligent and sustainable urban design possible with your products?
- …know how you can support cities and regions in implementing digital solutions?
- …learn which solutions are most urgently needed now and in the future?