Hiring: DevOps and Cloud Specialist (m/f/d)
Have you ever asked yourself, “How can I make a meaningful impact in addressing pressing challenges like climate change, mobility development in cities, heat islands, and floodings?” You can make a change: If you’re seeking an opportunity to channel your passion for technology into projects that tackle these urgent issues, then we have an incredible opportunity for you!
Join our team at DKSR as a full-time:
DevOps and Cloud Specialist (m/f/d)
Together, we’ll create innovative solutions that combat climate change, revolutionize mobility, and build resilient cities.
Who We Are
DKSR, the Data Competence Center for Cities and Regions, is a spin-off of the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft in the field of Smart City. We pursue one goal: to shape our future with urban data in an intelligent, sustainable, and community-oriented way. We achieve this by providing cities and regions with the open-source technology, consulting, and networking they need on their way to becoming smart cities.
At DKSR, we are a dynamic and innovative organization that thrives on pushing the boundaries of technology. Our mission is to deliver exceptional solutions to cities, communities, and municipal companies. And we are looking for someone equally passionate to join our team of trailblazers.
What You’ll do
As our DevOps and Cloud Specialist, you’ll be at the forefront of shaping our cloud-based development and deployment processes to create sustainable solutions for our municipal clients. Your mission will be to leverage the latest DevOps tools and cloud platforms to create scalable, reliable, and efficient applications.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Confident use of DevOps tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, ArgoCD, etc.
- First experience with Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS and/or Open Telekom Cloud).
- Experience with working on local or self-managed data centers which might use old technologies such as Virtual Machines, KVMs
- Experience with building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab, Github).
- Knowledge with Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform)
- Knowledge of Nginx and Linux operating systems as well as skills in scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- Knowledge in software development with Java, Python
- Knowledge of Frameworks such as REST, Springboot, Vert.X, Spring Security, Tomcat, Payara Server, Selenium
- Knowledge of cluster monitoring tools such as Prometheus
- Ideally: Basic Knowledge of Databases such as PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB
Don’t worry: No one can master all programs – if you’re not into all of them, feel free to still apply so we can find out if we are a good fit for each other!
What we need from you
As a specialist you need to have experience in the domain of cloud and DevOps with demonstrated project experience. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to bring not only technical expertise but also a set of exceptional human capacities. We’re looking for someone with:
- Research oriented way of thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to think out of the box and manage things securely.
- Enthusiasm for learning new things constantly and putting them into practice.
- English: fluent (must), German: nice to have.
- Reliability and dependability
- Transparent Communication
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
At DKSR, we foster a stimulating work environment where creativity and innovation thrive. We believe in investing in our team’s growth and development, offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and ample opportunities to learn and expand your skill set. You’ll be surrounded by a passionate and dynamic team that shares your love for technology and pushing boundaries.
Ready to embark on an exciting journey of technological innovation? Join us by applying today!
To apply, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this role, to our Lead Architect Manas Pradhan (firstname.lastname@example.org).