Intern/ Working Student Platform Development (m / f / d) wanted!
DKSR, the Data Competence Center for Cities and Regions, is a newly founded spin-off of the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft in the field of Smart Cities. We aim to shape our future with urban data in an intelligent, sustainable, and public good-oriented way. We want to achieve this by providing cities and regions with the necessary open-source technology, know-how, and networking they need on their way to becoming “sustainable smart”.
We are looking for the following person to join our team for approx. 20 to 40 hours per week as soon as possible:
INTERN or WORKING STUDENT PLATFORM DEVELOPMENT
- You will support our development team in all operational tasks related to the development and setup of the DKSR Open Urban Data Platform.
- You develop prototypes for new open source components in close cooperation with our development team.
- You check previously developed codes for bugs and possible improvements in accordance with the defined requirements.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- experience with visualization tools like Grafana, Prometheus, Loki
- experience with map-based features and tools
- quick understanding of new emerging ideas in the Java-based development landscape
- knowledge of and willingness to take an analytical look at open-source standards and products
- analytical and problem-solving mindset, team-oriented approach, and passion for research and development
WHAT TO EXPECT
At DKSR, we create a lively, open, and modern environment where dedicated people with a lot of initiative and pioneering spirit achieve extraordinary things. We offer you:
- an exciting insight into the field of smart city and digitalization at the interface between the public sector and companies, cities, and start-ups
- flat hierarchies and a lot of personal freedom to shape things
- collaboration with highly motivated colleagues from a wide range of industries and disciplines in a team-oriented corporate culture
- attractive remuneration
- flexible working hours with home office option (laptop provided)
- start-up atmosphere with foosball table, coffee, and mate in the heart of Berlin
Please send your application (short cover letter + 1 page CV and references if applicable) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to meeting you!